In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
=== News Update ===
Number Of Iraqi Civilians Slaughtered In America’s War? More Than 655,000
Number of U.S. Military Personnel Sacrificed (Officially acknowledged) In Bush’s War 2950
The War in Iraq Costs $351,444,838,962 – See the cost in your community
VIDEO: The “War on Terrorism” is a Fabrication
Michel Chossudovsky is the author of the international best America’s “War on Terrorism” Second Edition, Global Research, 2005. He is Professor of Economics at the University of Ottawa and Director of the Center for Research on Globalization.
A Christmas Curse: Retribution Time or To Hell with All the B
It occurred to me in one of my less cynical moments, deluded no doubt by the merriment of the season, that all of those responsible for the havoc and chaos of these past six years should face the wrath of the American people and, one might hope, the wrath of the God of Justice and Vengeance. Once before I had similar urgings, in July of 2004 to be exact, and I penned an article titled “Legacy of Deceit: If Dante Knew of Bush and the Neo-Cons” that appeared in Counterpunch, wherein I placed our benighted leaders into the Inferno’s circles of Hell. The experience of the last two years heaped on that of the preceding four necessitates a reconsideration of the leniency of Dante’s punishment as it fits the crimes of our current horde that deserve an exclusive damnation prepared for their unique and heinous sins.
War Criminal : Bush: God told me to invade Iraq – President ‘revealed reasons for war in private meeting’
President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden’s stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians.
Ex-Abu Ghraib detainee recounts atrocities committed by US forces
DOHA • An Iraqi who spent seven months in Abu Ghraib jail in Baghdad says he has horrifying experiences to tell of how the US soldiers have committed atrocities on innocent Iraqi civilians who were taken into custody and put behind the bars for no fault of theirs.
More than 700,000 Iraqis have been killed since the US invaded the country in early 2003 until November this year, according to statistics released by the National Centre for Research and Arab Studies.
U.S. trapped in Arabian sands
The U.S. began its third millennium with its Iraq adventure. It thought it would change the face of the Middle East through its illegal invasion of that country and crown itself as the world’s unrivaled superpower for decades.
But it failed drastically in the test it set for itself. The invasion through which it wanted to teach the Middle East a lesson backfired.
Evidence of cooperation between Mahdi Army and US forces to attack Sunni neighborhoods
Evidence of US occupation forces helping Mahdi Army to attack Sunni neighborhood and displace the residents.
The clip I managed to obtain is of woman recently displaced from AL-Hurryia neighborhood describes when Mahdai Army failed to capture her two sons because of the fierce resistance, Mahdi Army asked the American forces for help, the two brothers were arrested by the Americans, she said her two sons are now in jail.
At the beginning of the clip the woman says that her both sons are not involved in any political activities before and after the occupation.
Shiite Militiamen abduct, rape and kill students
Three female students from the University of Mustansiriya were kidnapped, then raped and then killed and then their mutilated bodies passed to the Baghdad morgue.
The horrendous crime has shocked many in Baghdad and unleashed yet another wave of terror in the violence-torn city home to a quarter of Iraq’s population.
15 Bodies Identified as those of High Ranking Officers in Iraq’s Former Armed Forces
Iraqi police has identified 15 dead bodies in one of Baghdad’s mortuary as officers in Iraq’s former armed forces. Amongst the dead were major generals and colonels.
Recently, ‘some 20 high ranking officers of the former Iraqi armed forces were kidnapped by AlMhadi militia’, said a general of the former Iraqi armed forces who had lucky escape from the kidnap operation who. The former general told London’s AlQuds newspaper that the militia wore Iraqi police uniforms and had set up fake check points when they abducted the 20 former high ranking officers who had gone to collect their pension from AlMoheet Bank Baghdad’s AlKathimeyah district.
IRAQ : Wolfowitz owes us an explanation
What is particularly disturbing is that Wolfowitz is visibly delighting in his role as one of the world’s highest-profile (publicly funded) philanthropists – while saying barely a word about the catastrophe in Iraq.
Iraq : Watada states his case in Moiliili
Watada said the American people were deceived by the Bush administration, which manipulated intelligence to fit policy and regime change in Iraq.
“We have been lied to, deceived and betrayed,” he said. “A crime has been committed against the constitution.”
Four U.S. military personnel killed in Iraq
BAGHDAD (Reuters) – Four U.S. military personnel were killed and two were wounded in two separate incidents in Iraq on Saturday, the U.S. military said on Sunday.
Iraqi Resistance Report for events of Saturday, 23 December 2006.
- Two US troops reported killed when massive Iraqi Resistance bomb destroys Abrams tank in ar-Ramadi.
- Resistance car bomb kills four puppet “al-Anbar Salvation Council” police in ar-Ramadi.
- Resistance blasts US al-Warrar base near ar-Ramadi with Katyusha rockets Saturday morning.
- US troops ransack houses arrest 15 local men in ar-Ramadi on Friday.
- US troops raid houses in al-Fallujah to stop people from watching banned TV station.
- Resistance blasts US food storage facility in al-Karmah with heavy mortars Saturday afternoon.
- Resistance mortars pound US headquarters in as-Saqlawiyah early Saturday.
- US troops arrest five in raids in al-Fallujah late Friday night.
- Resistance sharpshooter reportedly kills US soldier in northern al-Fallujah Saturday.
- US soldier reported killed by Iraqi Resistance sharpshooter in ‘Amiriyat al-Fallujah.
- US Marine reported killed by Iraqi Resistance sharpshooter in Baghdad Saturday.
- Piece of farm equipment explodes by US column in Baghdad.
- Seven Resistance Grad rockets blast US base in at-Taji Saturday.
- Two Resistance bombs target US troops in Baghdad Saturday.
- Statistics reveal true extent of Shi’i civilian deaths in sectarian fighting in Baghdad.
- US troops open fire on car without warning, killing man, two children in western Baghdad’s al-Ghazaliyah district.
- Car bomb targets puppet army column.
- Resistance car bomb explodes near checkpoint jointly manned by US-installed puppet police and pro-Iranian Jaysh al-Mahdi sectarian gunmen, killing 10.
- Resistance mortars pound Jaysh al-Mahdi headquarters in western Baghdad on Saturday morning.
- US troops ravage home of Iraqi Christian charged with aiding Iraqi Resistance in Baghdad, leaving two persons dead.
- Double Resistance bombing in al-Mawsil leaves three US troops reported killed.
- Resistance shoots down small US spy plane over ad-Dulu’iyah Friday.
- Resistance fighters ambush, kill puppet policeman near Samarra’ Friday evening.
- Resistance fighters kill Iraqi puppet army soldier in ad-Dawr Saturday morning.
- More than 30 Iraqis died and about 50 more were wounded when US aircraft struck the Mafraq ‘Uthman area near Ba’qubah.
- US troops, Iraqi puppet police arrest villagers in raid on ar-Rashad Friday night.
Iran: What about Zionists’ nukes?
Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini says sanctions imposed by UN on Islamic Republic ‘cannot affect or limit Iran’s peaceful nuclear activities but will discredit the decisions of the Security Council, whose power is deteriorating’; adds: Council doing nothing in response to Olmert’s comments on Zionists’ nuclear capabilities
Bardawil charges Abbas with planning military coup against the government
Gaza – Salah Bardawil, the spokesman of the Hamas-affiliated change and reform parliamentary bloc, on Sunday charged PA chief Mahmoud Abbas with impeding national dialogue and with planning military coup against the PA government.
Washington’s Game in Turkmenistan
Was the Bush administration involved in the death of Turkmenistan’s President, Saparmurat Niyazov?
After all, Niyazov met all the criteria for Bush’s policy of “regime change”. He controlled massive natural gas reserves and he refused to take orders directly from Washington. Typically, these are the only factors that are weighed when considering whether a change of leadership is in order.
Ethiopia launches airstrikes in Somalia
Ethiopia launched an attack Sunday on Somalia’s powerful Islamic movement, sending fighter jets across the border and bombarding several towns in a sharp escalation in the violence that threatens to engulf the volatile Horn of Africa.
“After too much patience, the Ethiopian government has taken a self-defensive measure and has begun counterattacking the aggressive extremist forces of the (Islamic council) and foreign terrorist groups,” said Ethiopia’s foreign affairs spokesman, Solomon Abebe.
Look for this to get very much more ugly very quickly.
DICTATORSHIP – George Orwell Was Right: Spy Cameras See Britons’ Every Move
“Nowhere else in the free world is this happening,” said Helena Kennedy, a human rights lawyer who also is a member of the House of Lords, the upper house of Parliament. “The American public would find such inroads into civil liberties wholly unacceptable.”
Unfortunately, Lady Kennedy is incorrect in her assessment of Americans not allowing their civil liberties to be thoroughly destroyed.
We too are becoming an increasing surveilled society, and with the passage of the Patriot act and Military Commissions Act, this administration and the last congress have ripped the Constitution and Bill of Rights to shreds.
BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW