Statement Pemuda Muhammadiyah, PPMI98, Sabang Merauke Circle di Kedutaan Norwegia, Rabu, 27 Juli pk 10.00
Posted by musliminsuffer on July 27, 2011
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
=== News Update ===
STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
Jakarta, July, 27, 2011
We, Muhammadiyah Youth, would like to convey our deepest and most sincere condolences to the people of Norway, especially friends, families, and relatives of the victims, following the Utoya Island shooting and Oslo bombing. In our view, it was one of the worst humanitarian tragedies in the history of mankind.
These deadly attacks are the wake-up calls and living proof that terrorism and barbarism may come in many faces. Those can be committed by anyone, regardless of his/her national, cultural, social backgrounds, or religious affiliation. Therefore, we condemned these acts of violence, as we firmly believe that there is no argument whatsoever which can be used to justify and rationalize these acts that took so many lives of innocent people.
Besides known as the country where the Nobel Prize is awarded, Norway is a country with international reputation and significant contribution for the world peace and in bringing people together. Therefore, in these difficult days, we would like to assure the people of Norway that you are not alone. We are in a full solidarity, support, and great sympathy with all of you. We share your profound sorrows. Our thoughts and prays are with all the families, friends, and relatives.
Reflecting on this tragedy, we and also our colleagues from the Moslem Brotherhood of Workers and Sabang Merauke Circle affirm the following principles with regard to peace building of the world:
- On behalf of humanity, what was done by Anders Breivik Behring is an act that can not be tolerated by anyone. Hatred and hostility are the main enemy of humanity.
- Accordingly, we would like to remind the global community that terrorism is not merely the enemy of particular religion, but also the enemy of all nations in the world.
- We stand in the front line with all the citizens of the world to fight terrorism. We also urge the world community that it is extremely important for us all to walk hand in hand to fight those who want to destroy our harmonious, multicultural, and democratic society.
- We urge world leaders to open up new perspectives in seeing clearly and objectively about the issue of global terrorism without barriers between East and West.
- We invite all the components of the Indonesian people to give support to the people of Norway, particularly to the families of victims of this tragedy.
We hope and pray that by sharing these thoughts, we can spread peace to the entire population of the world with love and affection.
PP Pemuda Muhammadiyah
Sabang Merauke Circle and PPMi98
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone
BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW